Significance of Nutrition in Before & After plastic surgery
- 1360 Views
- Aug 16, 2021
You cannot overlook the role of nutrition in any phase of life. You may ignore nutrition in your normal routine or daily
schedule but it is imperative to take care of your nutrition intake before or after any surgery. Here we are going to
discuss the significance of nutrition before and after plastic surgery.
The health practitioners
at CosmeSurge recommend the patients have a healthy lifestyle before the plastic surgery of their choice. Eating a
balanced and nutritional diet ensures that the immune system of the body is in place to fight infections and diseases,
especially if any occurs after the plastic surgery. A surgical procedure requires not only preparing the mind for the
operation but also the body. And this is possible with the help of a nutritional diet. The main advantage of maintaining
a healthy diet is that it aids in faster healing post-operative procedures. Also, the combination of healthy food and
health supplements can aid healing.
It is better to understand the
delicate situation and prepare the body for surgery 2-4 weeks before the actual date of operation. Intake of fluids
should be maximum and higher than usual. It helps to keep the skin blemish-free and accelerates metabolism.
weeks before the procedure the patients are asked to leave alcohol and smoking and make their bodies ready to face the
consequences. The consequences can be easy to handle if you are ready with a positive approach both from the mind and
To ensure optimum physical condition before the operation, try to adopt the following regime and
- Avoid eating health supplements a few days before the surgery. This is recommended by the experts
because these supplements may interfere with the medications that they will prescribe before the surgery.
- Avoid consuming Aspirin at least 2 weeks before the surgery.
- Before 8 hours of surgery, avoid
eating and drinking anything.
- The doctors at CosmeSurge recommend that the patients should have at
least 64 oz. of water every day.
- Be alert and do not skip any meals.
- Include probiotics
in your meal to keep constipation at bay.
- Be alert about the nutrition present in the food items in
each meal. Look for a balanced diet consisting of low amounts of fats, sugar, and salt.
fruits, vegetables, a small portion of lean protein and monosaturated fat. Having a good amount of protein is
important because it helps in tissue repair and faster healing. Ensure to have a good number of fruits also
before the surgery, especially Vitamin C.
- It is better that you consult your doctor if you
experience anything unusual in your body before the plastic surgery.
care and nutrition:
Research also points towards the fact that nutrition is one of the fastest and the
easiest ways to recover from surgery. Plastic surgery can be haunting for the body. It is extremely stressful for the
body to undergo plastic surgery. A proper diet can strengthen the immunity in the body and aid in faster recovery after
- The patient requires a diet that is equipped with minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and
proteins. This helps to reduce inflammation in the body post-operative procedure. Swelling and bloating are also
reduced with the help of a nutritive diet. The diet has necessary elements that can help the body to fight
against diseases and infections.
- Here is an important point to note. In the first week post-surgery,
the patient should stop eating vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B, vitamin K, and fish oils. Moreover, vegetables
like tomatoes, eggplants, garlic, cayenne, potatoes, and ginger should be avoided in the first week after the
- The post-surgery diet should contain ingredients like blueberries, olive oil, sour
cherries, avocados, and monosaturated fats.
- Having a sufficient amount of zinc, glutamine, and
arginine are also important. Bromelain is recommended to reduce swelling and inflammation in the body. Even
grapeseed extract is a good product that takes care of swelling and inflammation and reduces scarring.
Now, you know what to eat and what to avoid before and after plastic surgery. Here is a quick look to
explain the importance of nutrition:
- Maintains balance An appropriate balance will help
the patient to keep a track of the portion that is recommended. Neither too little nor too much is prescribed.
Hence, there is no one-size-fits-all kind of diet. It also depends from person to person and the expert can give
the best guidance.
- Saves energy and time If you are ready with a meal plan that is
to be followed before and post-surgery then you are saving both time and energy. Planning goes a long way.
- Inculcating healthy habits Including healthy eating as a lifestyle change is not easy,
especially for people who love to binge on junk food. But lifestyle change is a choice and hence if you
inculcate good and healthy eating habits, then you will invite quick healing post-surgery.
Food and nutrition play a pivotal role in giving the required strength to the body. Having a good
diet before the surgery prepares the body to undergo the trauma of surgery. Surgeries are stressful for the body and
there are possibilities of infections post-surgery. But if you load your body with the required nutrients, then you are
preparing your body to face the possible consequences of surgery. On the other hand, if your body is loaded with the
required nutrients, it will be able to fight the infections and diseases that may occur after the surgery. The body is
ready to heal faster and the tissue repair is also quick.
CosmeSurge prepares the meal plan that they share with
the patients and ask them to follow the same 2-4 weeks before the procedure. Steps like these are helpful to allow the
patients to expect quick recovery with minimal consequences. A heavy dosage of antibiotics is prescribed after surgery.
Hence, the nutrition level should be optimum to strike a balance and prepare the body for post-operative care.
- After Weight loss
- Hair Transplant
- Revision Surgeries
- General Surgery
- Anti-wrinkle Injection & FIllers
- Body Contouring & Cellulite
- Endymed 3Deep
- Experience Relief from Pain and Discomfort with Presso Therapy from a Qualified Surgeon
- Experience the Benefits of Arosha Body Wrap: Rejuvenate Your Skin and Feel Refreshed!
- Experience the Benefits of LPG Treatment: Rejuvenate Your Skin and Feel Refreshed!
- Experience the Benefits of VelaShape 3: Non-Invasive Body Contouring for Smoother, Firmer Skin.
- Say Goodbye to Stubborn Fat with CoolSculpting Fat Freeze!
- Shape Your Body with Sculptsure: Find a Sculptsure Surgeon to Help You Achieve Your Goals
- Viora Life
- Brighten Your Complexion with Glutathione Injections: Get a Whiter, More Radiant Skin Tone Today!
- Discover the Benefits of Professional Skin Treatment with a Skincare Specialist
- Enhance Your Lips with Lip Fillers and Contouring for a Natural Look
- Excessive Sweating
- Experience the Benefits of Botox Treatment: Look Younger and Feel Confident!
- Experience the Benefits of Skin Tightening with Thermage: Look Younger and Feel Confident!
- Rejuvenate Your Hair with PRP Hair Treatment and Mesotherapy
- Say Goodbye to Acne and Acne Scars with Professional Treatment Options
- Say Goodbye to Melasma: Get Professional Pigmentation Treatment Today
- Say Goodbye to Rosacea: Discover the Latest Rosacea Acne Treatment Options
- Say Goodbye to Unsightly Varicose and Spider Veins with Professional Treatment Options
- Say Goodbye to Unwanted Moles and Skin Tags with Professional Removal Services
- Transform Your Hair with Professional Hair Treatment and Hair Fixing Services
- Viora Life
- Facial Therapies
- Hair Restoration