Eid is one of the most-awaited and auspicious times of the year. Naturally, it is one of those occasions where you show off your swag.
And for that, apart from your new clothes and accessories, you have to get your basics right and beautiful skin is the prerequisite for that.
Skin issues tend to augment when you do not drink enough water during Ramazan and cannot find time to care for your skin. This causes dehydration because of a lack of moisture.
But don’t worry! To help you out here are some of the tricks to make your skin glow in Eid. Take a look.
- Drink Lots of Water – This is the first thing to do. Lotions and creams for skin care protect your skin externally. But skin also needs care from the inside. Hydration assists in protecting the skin from the adverse effects of intense sun rays and a high level of humidity. Many women are already suffering from a loss of skin suppleness and elasticity because of the hot summer days. So on Sehri and post Iftar, make it a point to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water for hydrating your body cells and skin. This also helps with cleansing your skin. For radiant, glowing skin, you should choose to drink more liquids (diluted in water) like fresh fruit juices and smoothies.
- CTM is a Must – The basic skincare regime always includes CTM or Cleansing, Toning and Moisturising. Go for cleansing your face twice a day – once in the morning and once at night. Follow that up with a gentle toner. Apply a good moisturizer once your skin dries up. Also, don’t forget to exfoliate the skin twice a week. All these will help in removing the grime, dirt, dead skin cells and oil. This is bound to make your skin look fresh and glowing.
- Yoga Can Help You Out – You won’t be able to work out when you are fasting. Instead, opt for yoga asana which will assist both your skin and body. Go for a handful of easy asanas. This way you can prevent wrinkles, blemishes and acne. Again, as said earlier, you also need to drink lots of pure water that is purified to keep dehydration at bay. During your fast, you can go for yoga at any time of the day.
- Eat Clean – You can fight against dull and dry skin by having lots of fruits and veggies. These are full of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants which enable healthy skin free of wrinkles. Add them to your Sehri and Iftar meals for boosting your skin. Summer is the perfect time to be benefitted from the seasonal veggies and fruits for moisturized and beautiful skin. Many fruits and veggies can enrich your skin with antioxidants which assist to keep your skin smooth, supple and young. So include tomatoes, dates, lemons, apples, pomegranates, apricots, spinach, strawberries and grapes as these foods help with the repair and maintenance of your skin. Consumption of these foods will ensure long-lasting and desired results for your skin.
- Avoid Spicy and Hot Foods – Blemishes, pimples and rashes are some of the consequences of disruptive digestion and constipation. When you consume spicy and oily foods during Ramazan, it is bound to result in constipation. This can, in turn, lead to pimples and reduced facial value. That is why you should have eggs, whole-wheat meals, lentils, fruits and beans on Iftar and Sehri. You should also include yogurt in your diet as the positive bacteria in your yogurt not just help to maintain the digestive system but also improve the tone of the skin.
- Opt for a Professional Facial – Just like in the case of any event, for Eid, too, you should visit the salon a week before. If you want glowing skin within a limited time, then this professional facial can be exactly what you need. This is a celebrity treatment that is quick and ensures durable results. It is guaranteed to tighten the skin, boost hydration and enhance the natural glow of the skin.
These are just some of the things that if you keep in mind and follow during Ramazan will help you to get glowing skin in Eid.
But if you feel that you need instant glow, you can choose from the variety of cosmetic treatments that CosmeSurge is offering. Book today and attain your best look this Eid.
Ramadan is a celebration of peace, reflection and purity – a time that is eagerly awaited all through the year.
But it is also the time when your daily routine goes for a toss. Your metabolic system devices its own ways in this phase as you go on fasting from dawn to dusk for coping with the transformation.
Fasting triggers a positive response on the skin and issues related to it like psoriasis and eczema are seen to improve because of that. But while fasting assists in detoxifying the skin and keeping it healthy there is a tendency for acne and pimples to spring up.
Little water and dietary compromises at Suhoor and Iftar and a topsy-turvy body clock because of irregular bedtime are primarily responsible for that.
For this reason, you need to adjust how the body and especially the skin get nourished during Ramadan. Here are some skin care tips that will let your skin shine during Ramadan.
- Stay Hydrated – Drinking an ample amount of water does benefit your skin. You should have at least 8 glasses of water between Iftar and Suhoor. Avoid drinking sugary or carbonated beverages like juices or soda or even coffee as all of these can act as dehydrating agents. You can groove it up with fruits. This does not just flush out the toxins and boost your immunity but also helps you stay calorie-free apart from keeping you hydrated. You can infuse your water with –
- Lime, lemon and orange
- Ginger, orange and strawberries
- Pineapple, orange and mint
- Raspberries, mint, blueberries and lime
- Lemon, mint and cucumber
- Moisturize Well – Moisturizing should undoubtedly be an integral part of your skincare regime during this time. It is absolutely essential to use moisturizer in the skin to do away with the dryness. Fasting leads to the loss of body fluids. That is why during Ramadan, you must opt for proper hydration during the day. So make it a point to use your moisturizer without fail.
- Protect Skin from UV Rays – In summer during Ramadan, the skin must be protected from the strong rays of the sun. You should apply sunblock with at least SPF 30 during the day and reapply if you are outdoors for about 3 hours or more. Go for a sunscreen that presents full protection and also does not clog your pores.
- Eat Smart – Fasting people should follow a disciplined diet to make the most of this phase and stay healthy. Experts suggest that you should include more veggies and fruits rich in vitamins A, B and C in your meals. The vitamins tend to fade the dark spots and add the much-coveted skin glow.
- Snooze Well – Sleep routines are disturbed drastically during Ramadan. You end up sacrificing your sleep during the short nights to socialize and eat. So you need to ensure that you sleep well and let your skin cells renew. You can also do away with saggy eyes and dark circles when you sleep well.
- Get Your Face Treated – Once or twice a week you should use a facemask. You should also make it a point to use the mask twice a week. This assists in clearing the clogged pores and that is why your skin looks smoother and more radiant with time. The exfoliation regularly stimulates the circulation of blood in your face. Especially in the morning, this works superbly against water puffiness and retention. The pores get closed after rinsing your face with cold water.
These are some of the things that you need to keep in mind so that you can keep your best foot forth during Ramadan and can make the most of your celebrations. If you want to address any particular facial problem you should consult a professional cosmetologist who can guide you to achieve your desired look and restore it not just during Ramadan but all year round.