Anti-aging Diet: Food to Avoid & Food to Eat
- 19 Views
- Sep 03, 2021
If you think that food and nutrition have nothing to do with the texture of skin then you are sadly mistaken. The fact of the story is that good and young skin can be achieved with the help of a balanced diet that is equipped with all the ingredients that helps to restore the youthful look on the face and skin. There is no denying that ageing is a natural process and nobody can stop or slow the process. Regular exercising and a healthy diet can help to overcome the early signs of ageing. Eating a balanced diet that is rich in foods that can fight aging is one of the best ways to combat early signs of aging.
Here we talk about the anti-ageing diet: food to avoid and food to eat. This article will prove to be an eye opener for the people who think that food and ageing are two different phenomena. But in reality, these are synonymous if you want to get rid of aging spots that show on your skin.
Eating healthy food is a challenge for many people because of hectic and busy lifestyle. Grabbing a quick bite from a fast-food chain seems like the easiest job. But prolonged faulty eating habits can take a toll on health as well. So, it is better to understand the importance of healthy diet and make changes in lifestyle to accommodate food habits that act the best on health and skin.
Here is a list of the food items that you should eat and avoid to combat the process of ageing.
What you should eat?
- Nuts: Nuts are the super food that are power-packed with several health benefits. Even dietitians prescribe the intake of nuts in their diet plans simply because these can give immense energy and add to the health of the dieter. Nuts have omega-3s, healthy unsaturated fats, proteins, and fibre. The other icing on the cake is that these are super easy to consume with no cooking time and the best “fast food”. Walnuts, almonds, hazel nuts, Brazil nuts are some of the nutritional nuts. Moreover, nuts can promote health and prevent chronic diseases like cancer, cardiac issues, and cognitive decline. These can also help to manage type II diabetes and heart problem.
- Broccoli Another super food that acts great on your skin is Broccoli. It is considered as the anti-aging powerhouse. The veggie is full of antioxidants and vitamin K and C, fibre, calcium, and folate. Hence, it is equipped to fight aging and inflammation. Vitamin C plays a major role in maintaining the youth and vigour of the skin.
- Water Yes, this is one of the most important elements that can help people to fight signs of aging. It keeps the body hydrated and the skin woes at bay. Dry skin condition is also a reason of wrinkles on the skin but inner hydration can help to manage the issue. Moreover, water helps to flush out the toxins from the body and cleanses the system.
- Blueberries Full of vitamin C and E, blueberry is one of the best berries for skin. It helps to benefits the body in various ways and this includes cognitive advantages as well.
- Tomatoes Tomatoes are high in lycopene and hence act as a great anti-aging vegetables benefitting the skin in numerous ways. Eating tomatoes in cooked form is also goof because cooking releases high amount of lycopene.
- Leafy Greens Spinach tops the list as it keeps the hydration level in the body high. It is also loaded with vitamin A, C, K, and E. The iron content in the veggie is also high. Kale and lettuce are also beneficial for the skin.
- Yogurt Yogurt is fortified with vitamin D and has good amount of calcium. The probiotic content in yogurt is also high and it keeps the gut happy.
- Salmon All fatty fish are good for the skin because they have high content of omega-3s and thus can fight signs of aging. It can also fight oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Pomegranate seeds The fruit contains high protein antioxidants and vitamin C.
- Avocados It contains phytochemicals and essential nutrients that help to combat the signs of aging. It is also packed with monosaturated fatty acids and antioxidants that gives youth to the skin.
- Sweet Potatoes The orange colour of the vegetable contains an antioxidant beta-carotene that converts to vitamin A. it helps to promote elasticity in skin.
Now, lets check the list of harmful foods that can harm the skin in multiple ways and invite aging:
- Red meat and processed meat Processed meat has the power to make your skin appear haggard and thus contributes to the signs of ageing. Moreover, many of the meats are equipped with sulphites that can trigger inflammation in the skin.
- Caffeinated drinks Tea and coffee are not considered good for the skin, especially if consumed in large quantity.
- Alcohol Alcohol can damage the skin in multiple ways. It can cause dehydration and contribute to skin woes. It also leads to built up of toxins in the body.
- High fat and high sodium snacks Snacking is the worst enemy for skin. Chips, canned food, and packaged foods that are high in sodium causes inflammation in the skin and makes the skin appear puffy. It also leads to high blood pressure.
- Sugar Sugar is one of the worst enemies of our health and skin, especially white sugar. If consumed in large quantities in the form of desserts, candies, etc. then it can cause damage of the collagen aiding wrinkles in the skin.
Mindful eating is a choice and hence, skin aging is in our hands to a large extent. With proper eating habits, we can combat skin woes and keeps wrinkles at bay. At least, the process of appearance of wrinkles can be delayed with nutritional eating habits.
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.