Summer Skincare Tips
- 324 Views
- Jul 16, 2021
The onset of summer brings skin woes with it. Heat and sweat can have a damaging impact on the skin. It is essential to equip oneself with summer essentials and fight the heat with products and skincare tips to keep the skin happy. Sunburn, tanning, oily skin, and dull skin are the most common skin woes that people of all age groups, irrespective of gender, have to face. The sun’s harmful rays damage the upper layer of the skin and result in the sign of aging. Clogged pores and breakouts are some of the other issues that people during summers experience. Hence, skincare is one of the most important regimes that can save people against skin problems during summers.
The activity of sebaceous glands increases during the summer months due to the surge in temperature. The result is oily skin appears oilier and dry skin appears dull.
The experts in CosmeSurge also give a lot of importance to the daily skincare regime. They often advise their customers to follow the easy skincare routine and help the skin stay happy. Remedies that are easily available at home are considered a great option for the maintenance of the skin.
A few tips and tricks of summer skincare are:
- Cleanse the skin Cleansing the skin is the foremost requirement of the skin to be happy during summers. The heat and sweat clog the pores and make the skin appear oily and dirty. Hence, face washing is one of the most important skincare goals that should never go ignored. Ensure to wash your face once in the morning and once before hitting the bed. During the day, you can rinse your face with cold water several times. Cleaners are mainly available in a variety of oil-based and foam-based options according to the skin types. It is easy to select the one that suits your skin type. After applying face wash, rinse your face with cold or lukewarm water.
- Exfoliation Removing dead cells from the skin is effectively done with the help of exfoliators available in the market. People with sensitive skin should invest in a mild exfoliator. Exfoliation is done once or twice a week. Scrub your face for 2-3 minutes and be gentle with the strokes. Dead skin cells removal marks the onset of new cells on the skin that renew the skin and appear cleaner and brighter. Harsh exfoliation is prohibited because it can lead to breakouts.
- Toning Toners help to maintain the pH balance of the skin and make it appear cleaner and brighter. It helps to eliminate the issue of excess oil secretion and manages acne. Toners can aid evening skin tone and are considered an important ingredient in your skincare regime for summers. Aloe vera-based toner is a good purchase for buyers.
- Moisturizing People who think that moisturizing the skin is a winter affair need to brush their memory and clear the myths away. To get a youthful complexion and a flawless look, moisturize your skin in summers too. People with dry skin can buy a strong moisturizer, and people with sensitive skin should invest in mild moisturizing. Say goodbye to shea butter and heavy cold creams during summers because heat and temperature require non-greasy moisturizers that act light on the skin.
- Protection against the sun Do not step out of the premises without applying sunscreen as it helps the skin against the sun’s harmful rays. Choose a sunscreen with a higher level of SPF (preferably 30+) to achieve great results. If you think that sunscreen is for your face only, you need to have a reality check. Sunscreens also act as a prevention against skin cancer. Your hands and legs/feet are an equally important part of your body that needs delicate handling.
- Hydration One of the easiest skincare routines during summers is to drink 6-8 glasses of water daily. Water is important to maintain skin hydration. Most of us kickstart our day with a dose of caffeine. So, double or triple the water intake during the day to keep dehydration at bay. Water checks against problems arising due to dryness in the body and helps in maintaining hydration. It also keeps the skin happy and adds a tinge of glow to your complexion.
- Include antioxidants in your diet and skincare regime Serum for skin and face are the latest fad. Hence, it is a great idea to consider investing in a good antioxidant serum to fight skin woes during summers. Serum can aid in maintaining hydration of the skin and also protect it against environmental damage. Free radicals cause damage to the skin, but serum helps boost collagen production and checks against free radicals. Your diet can also get a boost with the addition of antioxidants like citrus fruits, nuts, leafy vegetables, whole grains, and green tea.
- Limit the use of makeup This is an essential tip that is easy to follow. Present-day products are conveniently divided into lightweight, day, night, and party makeup. So, choose your stock wisely. Wearing minimal makeup is the best tip to avoid breakups on the skin. Heavy makeup is not the cache for summers. Skin can easily breathe with minimal makeup. Boost your skin by using organic and lightweight makeup products. Go natural whenever possible. But wearing sunscreen is most important.
- Natural/home remedies are good Your kitchen is a storehouse for skin-friendly natural ingredients. Yogurt, cucumber, tomato, sea salt, lemon, honey, clay, etc., are some summer cooling agents that work great on the skin to keep the latter happy and glowing. Dabbing the face with rosewater dipped cotton pads can work wonders by refreshing the skin. Also, running a cube of ice can help to keep the pores unclogged.
Summers can take a toll on your skin. The harsh weather conditions can steal the natural oils from the skin and appear dull and blemished. But a little shift and change in your daily skincare regime can add to your skin’s happiness. Give a little me-time to your skin and enjoy the desired results. A happy and glowing skin boosts confidence.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.