Ideal Skincare routine for Men
- 56 Views
- May 31, 2021
Skincare and men usually don’t go together – or so is the popular belief.
In fact, for plenty of men, even today, the grooming routine strictly consists of products like body sprays and shower gels that have been Christmas gifts from last year.
But the truth is that men should have a daily skincare routine and that is far beyond the shower gel application.
The array of products available in the market today is easy to make anyone overwhelmed. But for what it is worth, effective skincare is essentially the 3 Cs – Commitment, Consistency and Care.
When you keep the above in mind, effective skincare just takes a few simple steps. And the difference that it will bestow upon you is going to make you feel how much you have missed and why it is totally worth it.
So let’s begin.
- Cleanse (Twice Daily) Clean skin is the foundation for great skin. Usually, you need to wash your skin after waking up, before going to bed and after any activity that involves sweat. Ideally, you should wash your face at least twice every day.
Before washing the face, you should warm up the face with warm water for opening the pores. Once the pores are expanded, the face wash can get inside and remove the build-up of oil. Lightly rub your face in a circular motion with a men’s face wash. Don’t pull the skin down as this can ultimately make your skin loose and saggy. Then use cool water to rinse the face. This way the pores shrink and prevent dirt to re-enter the pores. Next just dry by patting your skin instead of rubbing. Remember your skin should feel clean but not tight as expected after washing as that can create breakouts, increase production of oil and accelerate the process of aging.
- Exfoliate (Twice or Thrice Every Week) You need to remove the dead skin cells, sebum and dirt from the skin. Herein comes the need for proper exfoliation. A quality scrub can provide a deep clean that unblocks impurities that lay deep by penetrating deep into the pores. This stops the blockages that result in problems like blackheads and cystic spots. That is why exfoliation is essential for maintaining healthy skin and keeping breakouts at bay.
Now if yours is sensitive skin that gets irritated easily, instead of scrub you should try a chemical exfoliator. Usually, you need to massage with such an exfoliator while washing your face or while taking the shower and leave it for 30 seconds for absorption prior to washing off.
You have to massage for 30 seconds continuously with a scrub especially on the problem areas before washing it. Though 2-3 times per week is enough, if you have oily skin, you should go for it more frequently.
- Apply Serum (Daily for 10 Seconds) Serums that are unobtrusive and lightweight go a long way in benefiting your skin. You need to apply this in low doses and when used between the cleansing and moisturizing process, it can produce noticeable anti-blemish and anti-aging effects. You should apply a low coverage for your entire face by just using 1-2 drops of serum every day after cleansing and exfoliating.
- Hydrate Your Skin with Moisturizer (Twice Daily) Just like drinking 8 glasses of water is essential for good skin, so is the application of a good moisturizer. You should moisturize every time you wash your face and this implies that you have to go for it twice daily. This will protect your skin from environmental adversities.
Apply the moisturizer when the skin is still wet. This way the product can trap the moisture to keep the skin hydrated. You should also moisturize your hands as they face irritants every day even more than your face.
- Prevent Aging Preventing aging is the final step of your skincare routine. Even after cutting on your sugar consumption and quitting to smoke, you can develop fine lines if you spend a substantial amount of time in the sun. That is why you should always have sunblock or sunscreen on. Put it on at least 30 minutes before stepping out which will give ample time to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays.
You should also apply an anti-aging men’s cream every night before going to bed and apply a thin layer of under-eye cream after moisturizing your face in the morning. This will reduce dark circles and puffiness. At night, apply it post-application of the anti-aging cream for hydrating the skin cells.
Your face confronts various contaminants every day. That is why you need to do a bit more than just rubbing your face with soap to maintain its vibrancy over the years.
What’s more, you also prevent the early signs of aging from setting in with this. With this daily skincare regime, you do not just look good but also feel good which boosts your confidence at the end of the day and enhances your quality of life manifolds.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.