Top 5 Reasons to Embrace Chemical Peels
- 794 Views
- May 24, 2021
Chemical peels are restorative cosmetic processes that can assist in reducing facial aging signs.
With this, you can fix breakouts, fine lines, hyperpigmentation and a plethora of other skin issues.
You can make scarring, acne, sun damage and wrinkles a thing of the past to give your skin a clearer appearance, thanks to these peels.
Let’s dig a bit deeper to understand what chemical peels are.
What Are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels happen to be cosmetic treatments that involve careful skin exfoliation with the help of acid.
This acid is responsible for removing a uniform amount of damaged skin across the area of treatment. When done in the right way, this permits the skin to heal with a color change or minimal scaling.
The chemical peels affect two layers of the skin – the dermis and epidermis. The epidermis is the outer layer and the dermis sits just below it. The deeper layer consists of sweat glands, nerve endings and hair follicles.
A chemical peel does away with a controlled amount of skin cells from the epidermis. A stronger peel should be able to remove a small portion of the dermis as well. A dermatologist can use chemical peels for skin conditions like –
- Enlarged pores
During the chemical peel treatment, the dermatologists apply a chemical solution to the skin. The solution peels off damaged skin cells. This, in turn, allows the skin to be healthy and grow in place.
This can enhance skin concerns that are common like –
- Uneven Skin Texture
There are many factors like the type of peel received and the skin severity issues that can impact the results.
Here are some of the major benefits that chemical peels offer.
- Treat Acne – Acne happens to be a common inflammatory skin condition. Oral medication and topical products are the go-to medications for this but the chemical peels may also assist to –
- Reduce the oil production
- Breakdown the plugged hair follicles or comedones
- Decrease inflammation
- Kill bacteria
- Augment absorption of topical treatments
Medium and light chemical peels are used to treat acne.
- – Now with the healing of acne, the skin tries to repair the lesions that the inflamed skin creates. New collagen fibers can give rise to atrophic scars that result in skin depressions and hypertrophic scars that are raised and bumpy. The chemical peel can assist by exfoliating the top layer of the skin that is responsible for removing excessive collagen. For acne scars, usually medium chemical peels are recommended.
- Remove Dark Spots – To even out the skin pigmentation, a medium chemical peel also works upon the freckles, age spots and dark patches. A lighter chemical peel just reaches out to the top layer of the skin or epidermis. The medium chemical peel manages to reach the superficial dermal layer which is the layer underlying it. This will ensure a more even and clearer skin tone.
- Enhance New Cell Formations –The milder skin peels stimulate the growth of new cells thus increasing cell turnover with the exfoliation of the dead skin cells. This goes without saying that new skin is much more youthful and less wrinkled than the older counterpart. This treatment is repeated after a month or month and a half (4-6 weeks) to achieve the desired results. The sensitive skin also gets benefited from this treatment. However, remember that the skin can get sensitive after the treatment and that is why the use of proper moisturizer and sunblock is often recommended.
These are some of the major benefits that are enabled by chemical peels. There are a variety of peels to choose from and anyone who desires young and softer skin can opt for this. There can be some restrictions, of course, like all other procedures.
To stay safe and make the most of what this treatment has to offer, you should consult a reliable dermatologist who can guide you in the right way after proper analysis and examination of your skin type and thus ensure the best results.
- After Weight loss
- Hair Transplant
- Revision Surgeries
- General Surgery
- Anti-wrinkle Injection & FIllers
- Body Contouring & Cellulite
- Excessive Sweating
- Experience the Benefits of Botox Treatment for a More Youthful Appearance
- Experience the Benefits of Skin Tightening with Thermage: Look Younger and Feel Confident!
- Get Fuller Lips Instantly with Lip Filler Treatments!
- Grab Your Glow With The Safest Skin Whitening Treatment
- Hair Restoration Is Achievable For All, No More Baldness
- No Need To Hide In Layers With The Varicose Veins Treatment
- Pimples And Scars Faded & Gone With Acne & Acne Scars Treatment
- PRP & Mesotherapy
- Say Goodbye to Melasma: Get Professional Pigmentation Treatment Today
- Say Goodbye to Rosacea: Discover the Latest Rosacea Acne Treatment Options
- Say Goodbye to Unwanted Moles and Skin Tags with Professional Removal Services
- Viora Life
- Your Healthy Glowing Skin with Skin Resurfacing Treatment
- Facial Therapies
- Hair Restoration