Covid-19 And Oral Health: Expert Tips for Quick Relief from Toothache, Oral Hygiene, And More
- 1048 Views
- Sep 17, 2021
The big question is that how has Covid-19 affected oral care and hygiene? The answer is straightforward. Due to the
pandemic, people have restricted their movement and are struck within the premises of their homes due to lockdown
regulations. It is advisable to sit at the comfort of your home than to venture outside in anticipation of catching the
deadly virus. People have postponed their regular check-ups with the doctors who sit in the hospitals. The reason is
simple. Hospitals are the hub of infection and thus people try and delay their regular check-ups, even for chronic
diseases like cancer. Here, we discuss the impact that Covid-19 has had on the oral health and hygiene of
Here are a few home remedies that can help you to take care of your dental woes sitting at home.
- Ensure to clean and brush your teeth regularly twice a day. It will give you the confidence that you have
cleared food deposits from your mouth before retiring for the day. Food particles that get stuck in the teeth
can create havoc and deteriorate the general oral and dental health of the individual.
- Use dental
floss to clear the food particles that get stuck between the teeth. It is simple to follow and ensures keeping
the teeth clean.
- Include a lot of fruits and vegetables in your diet to make it a balanced one so
that you get nutrition from the food that can prevent tooth issues. Tooth problems arise due to the deficiency
of calcium that can be replenished through calcium-rich food items.
- Sugar and sweets are harmful to
teeth. So, it is better to eat such stuff in limited quantity and to ensure brushing the teeth after the
consumption of such items. White bread and other refined flours can also damage the overall oral condition.
- It is a great idea to massage your gums with a clean finger to boost blood circulation.
- Scheduling a routine check-up every 6 months can give health to your teeth and gums.
What can you do if you have a toothache?
The pandemic will expose you to a sea of home remedies that you can
try sitting at home without the need to move outside.
- Keep clove oil handy. Take a few drops of the oil
in a cotton pad and dab it on the tooth. It will relieve you from the pain.
- Take a piece of clove
and put it in the affected area. Chew it slowly without swallowing it and allow the juice of the clove to hit
the affected area. It will help you get rid of the pain.
- Take a glass of warm water and put some
salt in it. Rinse your mouth with water to relieve tooth pain.
- You can apply a cold compress if you
feel that you have swelling in the affected area.
- It is better and advisable to visit the doctor if
you feel that the pain is not subsiding and persisting for more than 2 days.
A word of
- Never use your tooth to open a bottle as it can damage the tooth and lead to a tooth
fracture as well. It is in your hands to prevent your tooth.
- Use your tongue cleaner every morning
after brushing to clean your tongue. This helps to get rid of the bacteria built upon the tongue. It can help to
keep bad breath at bay.
- If you are a senior citizen and wear a denture, then ensure to wash your
denture regularly and maintain its cleanliness. If you do not maintain denture hygiene, then it may lead to the
development of infection. Also, it is better to take out the denture and give rest to your gums for a few hours
during the day.
- Smoking is not a good habit as it can disturb your dental health to a great extent.
Even excessive consumption of fast-food damages the oral health and disturbs the oral care regime.
Avoid using a toothpick to remove food particles stuck between your teeth. Instead, resort to flossing because
it is the best way to remove settled food particles from the teeth.
Self-medication is not
advisable in case you have shooting pain due to a tooth fracture. It is best to visit the expert to get immediate
medical attention. Though you may try and avoid visiting the dentist yet the situation should not be avoided if the
problem seems to be a big one.
CosmeSurge provides state-of-the-art dental and cosmetic procedures to clients.
The experts in the clinic are proficient in their work and can help the patients to overcome their problems with
complete ease. All Covid-19 safety norms and protocols are followed in the clinic to provide the best and safest
treatment options to the clients.
Home remedies can help the tooth conditions and manage
toothache to a great extent. These are easy to follow and all the ingredients that can help to treat tooth problems are
easily available in your kitchen. No expensive investment is needed for the home and natural remedies.
- After Weight loss
- Hair Transplant
- Revision Surgeries
- General Surgery
- Anti-wrinkle Injection & FIllers
- Body Contouring & Cellulite
- Endymed 3Deep
- Experience Relief from Pain and Discomfort with Presso Therapy from a Qualified Surgeon
- Experience the Benefits of Arosha Body Wrap: Rejuvenate Your Skin and Feel Refreshed!
- Experience the Benefits of LPG Treatment: Rejuvenate Your Skin and Feel Refreshed!
- Experience the Benefits of VelaShape 3: Non-Invasive Body Contouring for Smoother, Firmer Skin.
- Say Goodbye to Stubborn Fat with CoolSculpting Fat Freeze!
- Shape Your Body with Sculptsure: Find a Sculptsure Surgeon to Help You Achieve Your Goals
- Viora Life
- Brighten Your Complexion with Glutathione Injections: Get a Whiter, More Radiant Skin Tone Today!
- Discover the Benefits of Professional Skin Treatment with a Skincare Specialist
- Enhance Your Lips with Lip Fillers and Contouring for a Natural Look
- Excessive Sweating
- Experience the Benefits of Botox Treatment: Look Younger and Feel Confident!
- Experience the Benefits of Skin Tightening with Thermage: Look Younger and Feel Confident!
- Rejuvenate Your Hair with PRP Hair Treatment and Mesotherapy
- Say Goodbye to Acne and Acne Scars with Professional Treatment Options
- Say Goodbye to Melasma: Get Professional Pigmentation Treatment Today
- Say Goodbye to Rosacea: Discover the Latest Rosacea Acne Treatment Options
- Say Goodbye to Unsightly Varicose and Spider Veins with Professional Treatment Options
- Say Goodbye to Unwanted Moles and Skin Tags with Professional Removal Services
- Transform Your Hair with Professional Hair Treatment and Hair Fixing Services
- Viora Life
- Facial Therapies
- Hair Restoration