Covid-19 And Oral Health: Expert Tips for Quick Relief from Toothache, Oral Hygiene, And More
- 55 Views
- Sep 17, 2021
The big question is that how has Covid-19 affected oral care and hygiene? The answer is straightforward. Due to the pandemic, people have restricted their movement and are struck within the premises of their homes due to lockdown regulations. It is advisable to sit at the comfort of your home than to venture outside in anticipation of catching the deadly virus. People have postponed their regular check-ups with the doctors who sit in the hospitals. The reason is simple. Hospitals are the hub of infection and thus people try and delay their regular check-ups, even for chronic diseases like cancer. Here, we discuss the impact that Covid-19 has had on the oral health and hygiene of people.
Here are a few home remedies that can help you to take care of your dental woes sitting at home.
- Ensure to clean and brush your teeth regularly twice a day. It will give you the confidence that you have cleared food deposits from your mouth before retiring for the day. Food particles that get stuck in the teeth can create havoc and deteriorate the general oral and dental health of the individual.
- Use dental floss to clear the food particles that get stuck between the teeth. It is simple to follow and ensures keeping the teeth clean.
- Include a lot of fruits and vegetables in your diet to make it a balanced one so that you get nutrition from the food that can prevent tooth issues. Tooth problems arise due to the deficiency of calcium that can be replenished through calcium-rich food items.
- Sugar and sweets are harmful to teeth. So, it is better to eat such stuff in limited quantity and to ensure brushing the teeth after the consumption of such items. White bread and other refined flours can also damage the overall oral condition.
- It is a great idea to massage your gums with a clean finger to boost blood circulation.
- Scheduling a routine check-up every 6 months can give health to your teeth and gums.
What can you do if you have a toothache?
The pandemic will expose you to a sea of home remedies that you can try sitting at home without the need to move outside.
- Keep clove oil handy. Take a few drops of the oil in a cotton pad and dab it on the tooth. It will relieve you from the pain.
- Take a piece of clove and put it in the affected area. Chew it slowly without swallowing it and allow the juice of the clove to hit the affected area. It will help you get rid of the pain.
- Take a glass of warm water and put some salt in it. Rinse your mouth with water to relieve tooth pain.
- You can apply a cold compress if you feel that you have swelling in the affected area.
- It is better and advisable to visit the doctor if you feel that the pain is not subsiding and persisting for more than 2 days.
A word of caution
- Never use your tooth to open a bottle as it can damage the tooth and lead to a tooth fracture as well. It is in your hands to prevent your tooth.
- Use your tongue cleaner every morning after brushing to clean your tongue. This helps to get rid of the bacteria built upon the tongue. It can help to keep bad breath at bay.
- If you are a senior citizen and wear a denture, then ensure to wash your denture regularly and maintain its cleanliness. If you do not maintain denture hygiene, then it may lead to the development of infection. Also, it is better to take out the denture and give rest to your gums for a few hours during the day.
- Smoking is not a good habit as it can disturb your dental health to a great extent. Even excessive consumption of fast-food damages the oral health and disturbs the oral care regime.
- Avoid using a toothpick to remove food particles stuck between your teeth. Instead, resort to flossing because it is the best way to remove settled food particles from the teeth.
Self-medication is not advisable in case you have shooting pain due to a tooth fracture. It is best to visit the expert to get immediate medical attention. Though you may try and avoid visiting the dentist yet the situation should not be avoided if the problem seems to be a big one.
CosmeSurge provides state-of-the-art dental and cosmetic procedures to clients. The experts in the clinic are proficient in their work and can help the patients to overcome their problems with complete ease. All Covid-19 safety norms and protocols are followed in the clinic to provide the best and safest treatment options to the clients.
Home remedies can help the tooth conditions and manage toothache to a great extent. These are easy to follow and all the ingredients that can help to treat tooth problems are easily available in your kitchen. No expensive investment is needed for the home and natural remedies.
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.