Breast Augmentation – Evolution over the years and safest technique today
- 362 Views
- Jun 25, 2021
What is Breast Augmentation?
As the terms suggest, increasing the size of the breasts through a surgical procedure is called Breast Augmentation. It is a cosmetic surgery technique that employs breasts implant and grafting of fat tissue to give fullness to the existing size of the breasts. The patient can expect changes in size, shape, and texture of her breasts post-surgery. The other name for the procedure is Augmentation Mammoplasty.
Whatever the reason for opting for the procedure may exist, the result builds confidence for the women. It gives them a feel-good factor in life that may be amiss before. Medical Science keeps evolving with newer techniques to equip the patients with a fresh lease of hope and life. Cosmetic surgeries aim to correct the appearance of people to make them acquire self-confidence and practice self-love.
The implants that are placed under the chest of women undergoing surgery lasts for 7-10 years.
Why do women opt for breast augmentation?
- Some women have small breasts that make them feel uncomfortable. Hence, the option of such a procedure serves as an excellent opportunity to increase the size of their breasts and make their appearance attractive.
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding, or weight loss may alter the size of the breasts naturally. Some women are not happy with the results, and they want to go under the knife to regain their lost size.
- Asymmetrical breasts can acquire symmetry with such procedures.
- Reconstructive surgery is performed as a part of treatment for breast cancer.
What are breast implants?
A breast implant is a type of prosthesis medically approved to go under the chest and augment its size. It has to give the impression of natural breasts. Breasts implants can be categorized as under:
- Saline Implants: These are like saltwater, and the implant is filled with sterile saline solution. If such implant leaks or collapses, the saline is absorbed by the body as a natural process. The surgery type is approved by FDA and certified for women over the age of 18.
- Silicone Implants: Silicone gel is filled inside the silicone-based shell that goes under the chest to augment the size of the breast. In case of leakage in such type of implant, the gel remains inside the shell, or it may go in the breast implant pocket. But the implant will not collapse. It is recommended for the woman who opts for such surgery to go for regular check-ups. It is approved by FDA and suitable for women over 22 years.
The implant was first invented in 1961 by Thomas Cronin and Frank Gerow, American Plastic Surgeons. Dow Corning Corporation manufactured the prosthesis.
- Alternative Composite Implants: These are filled with polypropylene string or soy oil.
- Structured Implant: As the fourth category of breast implant, it attained recognition in 2014 by FDA. The unique thing about the procedure is that both saline and silicone implants are used in the procedure. The filling is the saline solution, but it remains intact if there is a leakage because the shell is made of silicone.
- Textured Breast implant: These implants have less tendency to move around inside the chest because the scar tissue is made to stick to the implant. The risk of light scar capsules in Texturing is minimal. The position of the implant is maintained, and the women can enjoy long-term results.
Over the years, breast augmentation techniques have undergone a sea of changes due to the advancements made in the medical field. New ideas and remodelling of old practices and models have witnessed evolution. The history of breast augmentation is rather an interesting one. The first few techniques of breast augmentation involved the transferring of body fat from one part of the body to the breast.
We have come a long way since those times, and the recent developments are inspiring because the results are impressive. Women get a chance to select the type of surgery they desire after discussing the same with the experts.
What to expect?
- The patient is given the advantage to select the size of her choice for the implant. The woman can place the different implants inside her bra to decide the most suitable one.
- Moreover, the patient is injected with general anaesthesia, and she sleeps through the surgery. In some cases, the procedure is executed with local anesthesia, and she is awake while the procedure is in progress.
- The patient should also discuss the type of incision for the procedure. An Inframammary incision is done under the breast in its crease. Transaxillary incision is done under the armpit. A periareolar incision is done around the nipple. Several factors help to make the right decision.
- Closing the incision also involves options. It is done in layered stitches, skin adhesives, and surgical tapes. Post-surgery the incision lines are visible for a couple of days until it fades with time.
- Recovery may depend upon several factors. Stitches that are dissolvable disappear within 6 weeks. However, a follow-up meeting with the expert will acquaint the patient with the Do’s and Don’ts. If the patient experiences any pain, fever, swelling post-surgery, then it means there may have developed an infection, and addressing the problem to an expert is essential.
Recent years have witnessed that Silicone and Saline are popular techniques of breast augmentation.
CosmeSurge is one of the best options for women to opt for Breast augmentation surgery because it has experts experienced in the related field. Moreover, the surgeons in the clinic discuss the risks and complications attached to the surgery. It is important to maintain transparency with the clients so that they end up making the right decision. It is a life-changing decision, and the clinic respects such feelings of the women.
The procedures and techniques of breast augmentation are existent for several years. Those who want to avail the benefit of modern treatment techniques should connect with the experts to overview the surgeries. Consulting a client who has already availed services from the surgeon can be a helpful approach for the women.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.