What are Growth Factors?
Growth factors are natural substances such as proteins secreted by the skin cells to maintain healthy skin. They are NOT growth hormones. Aging and sun-damaged skin requires more growth factors to maintain itself. However, their production decreases with age. Plasma Rich Growth Factor or PRGF treatment is a natural approach to support the levels of growth factors in skin.
Types of Growth Factors
Growth factors are of different types, which include:
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor (PDGF). It promotes collagen production, cell growth and repair and new generation of blood vessels.
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF). It promotes growth and new generation of vascular endothelial cells.
- Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF). It promotes tissue repair, collagen production, hyaluronic acid production and cell growth.
- Epithelial Growth Factor (EGF). It promotes wound healing, angiogenesis and epithelial cell growth.
- Transforming Growth Factor (TGF – β). It promotes growth and neogenesis of epithelial cells and vascular endothelial cells and wound healing.
What is Plasma Rich Growth Factor (PRGF) Treatment?
PRGF treatment is an innovative approach to skin care which harnesses the power of your own growth factors to rejuvenate and restore the skin. PRGF promotes speedy recovery and healing after many feminine rejuvenation and facial aesthetic treatments. We use cutting edge Prizmah technology to obtain pure PRP and activate the growth factors present in them.
How does PRGF Treatment Work?
During the treatment, a tablespoon of your blood is taken and then placed in the Prizmah kits to activate the growth factors present in them and prepare your own beauty serum. This is then injected on the skin by your doctor or can be used with micro needling.
Skin Conditions Treated at the Clinic with PRGF
Growth factors in the scalp help in the maintenance and repair of hair follicles. When PRGF is injected into areas of hair loss, it can stimulate the growth of healthy hair.
Is the PRGF Treatment similar to PRP Treatment?
No, PRGF and PRP differ in methods of preparation and composition. In PRP, we use sleeping platelets however, in PRGF the platelets are activated to release growth factor which gives many fold effective results.
How Many PRGF Sessions are Required?
A personalized treatment plan is created specific to your skin’s needs by your clinician after consulting with you. For further information please contact your doctor.
Is the PRGF Treatment Painful?
No, PRGF is not a painful procedure. The serum has a close to a physiologic pH, which means the product is less likely to cause a burning sensation or stinging once injected. However, there may be some temporary discomfort such as redness or inflammation at the application site, but this gets resolves quickly.