There have been countless verses extolling the virtues of attractive eyes. If eyes truly are the windows to the soul, then lovely eyes must by definition reveal a person’s true beauty. Now, amazing eyes can be attained through Eyelid Surgery (also called Blepharoplasty).
The procedure involves removing fat, along with excess skin and muscle, from the upper and lower eyelids. The surgery can correct drooping upper lids and puffy bags below your eyes, features that make you look older, tired and may even interfere with your vision.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER THIS TREATMENT?
If you are physically healthy, emotionally stable, and have realistic expectations, you can have drooping or baggy eyelids removed with ease. Do bear in mind that medical conditions such as diabetes, thyroid problems, dry eyes, and hypertension or cardiac disease can make Blepharoplasty risky. A detached retina or glaucoma can also be a reason for concern in this procedure.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
The Essential Facts
- Length of Procedure : 30 minutes to 2 hours
- Anaesthesia : General or light sedation (twilight anaesthesia) and local anaesthesia.
- Inpatient / Outpatient : Day case or 1 night stay
- Time off from work : 10 to 14 days
- Getting back to normal/sport : 3 to 4 weeks (reading: 2 or 3 days; contact lenses: one week or more; strenuous activities, alcohol: about 3 weeks. Bruising and swelling gone: 7 to 14 days)