PICOWAY – YOUR GATEWAY TO A SPOTLESS SKIN
A remarkable innovation stemming from Syneron Candela’s know-how, the PicoWay is a revolutionary double-wavelength picosecond laser. It uses the shortest laser pulse, to breakdown the pigment into smallest particles. It is most commonly used to treat problems as freckles, age spots, lesions, skin irregularities and tattoo removals. As the pulses are exponentially faster and less heat-generating than previous models, it’s less likely to cause scarring on darker skin tones. The treatment offers a series of short, powerful bursts of energy that have no side effects, with results being visible in just few treatments.
This system also removes tattoos with multiple colours, stubborn tattoos and benign pigmented lesions on any skin. PicoWay’s unique principle of action is based on the transmission of energy to tissues in the form of ultra-short picosecond pulses. This diffusion of energy creates a photo-mechanical impact which fragments the ink of the tattoos and the pigment of the lesions in very fine particles so that they can be easily eliminated.
HOW DOES PICOWAY WORK?
PicoWay combines picosecond technology with high peak power, which allows it to emit very short pulses that are measured in a thousand billionths of a second but with a very high power.
Energy bursts of 450 picoseconds create an acoustic photo impact that breaks down target pigments into smaller particles that are easily removed by the body and regenerates collagen.
WHY CHOOSE PICOWAY?
- Reduced number of required sessions
- Improved results
- Less painful sessions
- The possible treatment of the tattoos of different colours such as green, blue, violet thanks to the wavelengths additional 735 nm
- This innovative PS technology delivers pulses of millionths of ultra-short seconds that destroy the tattoo by reducing it to tiny particles that are more easily removed, resulting in less time-consuming treatment
- In addition, the PicoWay laser emits less heat than traditional lasers making the treatment more comfortable with simpler suites
- PicoWay treatments selectively treat lesions leaving the surrounding skin intact
- This treatment leaves no scar and the complete disappearance of the skin problem and the tattoo. The session is held with aesthetic cream to reduce burning sensations.
- This laser also makes it possible to remove other dermatological spots of birth and pigmentation scars
- The treatment improves skin colour, tones and textures
HOW LONG IS A LASER TREATMENT?
A PicoWay treatment generally takes ten to thirty minutes, depending on the size of the area treated.
A complete treatment includes:
- 3 to 6 sessions to remove tattoos
- 1 to 3 sessions to clear pigmented lesions, irregularities of the skin and wrinkles
- Each session is spaced four weeks apart
The result is visible from the first session and improves during treatment.
- Gradual elimination of ink pigments (86 percent of tattoos fade in three sessions) or melanin by the body
- Smoothing of wrinkles by regeneration of collagen and elastin of the skin. The optimal result is visible two months after the treatment
WHAT TYPES OF PIGMENT LESIONS CAN BE TREATED?
Pigment lesions that can be treated with the PicoWay laser include, but are not limited to, the following lesions: skin irregularities, solar or senile lentigines (age spots), freckles (ephelides) etc.
WHAT TYPES OF TATTOOS CAN BE TREATED?
A lot of types and colours of tattoos can be treated and removed on all skin colours. Professional, amateur, traumatic and stubborn tattoos.
IS THE TREATMENT SAFE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES?
Yes, PicoWay treatment is indicated for all skin types.
WHAT CONDITIONS WOULD PREVENT ME FROM QUALIFYING FOR PICOWAY LASER TREATMENT?
Some of the conditions which would prevent a treatment include:
- Accutane therapy
- History of photosensitivity to infrared light
- Acne breakout or infected areas cannot be treated
- Seizure disorders
- Photosensitising medications
- Medications and supplements: Iron supplements, anti-coagulation therapy, herbal supplements (i.e. ginkgo, ginseng, garlic, fish oil) may cause bruising more readily
- Topical medications and skin care products
- Active skin infections: open wounds or skin that is infected cannot be treated.
You cannot be treated if you have recently tanned skin. You must avoid the sun for 30 days prior to treatment. If you fail to avoid the sun, blisters and hypopigmentation/hyperpigmentation may occur. You must also avoid direct sun exposure for another month after treatment.