WHAT IT IS
Prosthodontics deals with the restoration and maintenance of missing or damaged teeth to improve the aesthetic appearance of the face and mouth. It includes treatment of maxillofacial abnormalities, congenital disorders and oral/ maxillofacial trauma. Our dentists provide advanced dental care for complexities that arise with the anatomy of the teeth, gums and the supporting bone and jaw structure.
Types of Prosthodontic Treatment
- Aesthetic Reconstructive Dentistry – This procedure provides effective solutions for patients with one or more missing parts of the teeth. It strengthens the functional and structural connection between the implant and the rest of the natural jawbone.
- Dental Veneers – Dental veneers are used to create bright, white smiles popularly known as “Hollywood Smiles” with beautifully shaped teeth. They consist of a thin porcelain shell that is applied to top of your natural teeth, covering gaps, crooked and chipped teeth, discolorations and many other issues.
- Dental Crowns – Dental crowns are designed to cover damaged teeth like a cap. They are usually made of metal, porcelain or a metal-porcelain composite and are cemented over the remains of the natural tooth.
- Dental Bridges – These are designed to replace missing teeth, restoring beauty, functionality, and chewing efficiency to the patient. They are usually supported by adjacent teeth or sometimes by dental implants. They can effectively replace a removable partial denture.
- Dentures – Dentures are artificial teeth designed to replace missing teeth partially or fully. They are a cost-effective way of improving facial shape and chewing efficiency, giving you a healthy new smile.
- Dentures come in many different types:
- Removable Complete Dentures – These are full mouth replacements designed to replace all the teeth in the mouth with one piece. This is useful for people who have lost all their teeth.
- Removable Partial Dentures – These are used for patients who have a section of their teeth missing. They consist of a metal framework that provides support for the artificial tooth. Removable partial dentures are suitable for people who have healthy and strong teeth remaining in their mouth.