You’d be surprised how many people are unhappy with the shape of their chin. Some men want the square jawed, superhero look, while many women prefer the heart-shaped chin.
Chin Augmentation is a good way to improve the balance of your facial profile and correct a weak or receding chin that may occur due to congenital factors, age-related bone loss or facial trauma.
Chin Augmentation with an implant is the procedure of choice for most of our patients with normally functioning teeth and jaw. A chin implant gives more projection to the chin and a better shape.
Our doctors can perform this surgery under the chin which can result in an external scar, or through an incision on the inside of the mouth with no external scar but a slightly higher infection rate.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER THIS TREATMENT?
A weak chin can make your nose seem larger than it really is, or make your neck appear fatty and undefined. It can be corrected with chin reshaping, resulting in a smooth and sculpted look.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
The Essential Facts
- Length of Procedure: 1 to 3 hours
- Anaesthesia: General or light sedation (twilight anaesthesia) and local anaesthesia
- Inpatient / Outpatient: Day case or 1-night stay
- Time off from work: 5 to 10 days
- Getting back to normal/sport: 2 to 6 weeks (mild swelling may persist for several months)