Loss of facial volume is a common side effect of ageing. Even younger people often yearn for more balanced features and would like to emphasise the contours of their cheeks.
Augmenting cheeks with fat grafting is the treatment used nowadays. Fat from your body is injected into your cheek areas; it’s a simple procedure for enhancing cheeks, lips or folds in the face and the best thing is, you can go home the same day.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER THIS TREATMENT?
People who want to augment the shape and size of their cheekbones to make them look fuller and higher should consider cheek augmentation. This is done under local anaesthesia with mild sedation.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
The Essential Facts
- Length of Procedure : 1 to 3 hours
- Anaesthesia : General or light sedation (twilight anaesthesia) and local anaesthesia
- Inpatient / Outpatient : Day case or 1 night stay
- Time off from work : 5 to 10 days
- Getting back to normal/sport : 2 to 6 weeks
mild swelling may persist for several months.