What is FUE?
Follicular unit extraction (FUE) is a hair transplant technique where natural groups of 1 to 4 hairs (follicular units) are individually extracted from donor areas, such as the back or sides of the scalp, chest, or back, and transplanted to an area affected by hair loss. The FUE technique allows harvesting of individual follicular units, while ensuring minimal damage to the surrounding tissues. When implemented by a doctor with superior surgical skills and a high-level of aesthetic perception, FUE can achieve a refined and undetectable aesthetic outcome.
Advantages of FUE
Some of the advantages of FUE hair transplant procedure include:
- Less traumatic procedure
- Minimal graft preparation required
- Almost invisible microscopic scars in the donor area
- Enables use of body hair for added density
- Minimal to no bleeding during or after the procedure
- Minimal postoperative recovery time
- No stitches required