A NEW APPROACH TO WEIGHT LOSS
Introducing Elipse Balloon
What is the Elipse Balloon?
A soft balloon that is placed in your stomach. It is the first swallow able gastric balloon that requires no surgery, endoscopy* or anaesthesia
Elipse is designed to help you reduce your food intake by taking up space in your stomach and kick-start your new, healthier lifestyle choices
Lose an average of 10 to 15kgs (1.57 to 2.36 stone) in 16 weeks thanks to the balloon and a fully supported lifestyle program
How does the Elipse Balloon work?
The balloon takes up space in your stomach and creates a feeling of fullness. This takes away hunger and means you eat less food at mealtimes
- Feel satisfied sooner
- Creates a feeling of fullness
- Food stays in your stomach longer
How is the Elipse Balloon placed?
You swallow a capsule that contains the balloon attached to a thin tube. You will have an X-ray to make sure the capsule is in the right position.
Once in your stomach, your doctor will use the tube to fill the balloon with liquid. You will have a second X-ray to confirm the balloon is filled. The doctor will then gently remove the tube and you’ll be on your way. With the balloon in your stomach, you can eat less without feeling hungry.
At approximately 16 weeks after placement, the Elipse Balloon self-empties and passes naturally
CosmeSurge Elipse Program
At CosmeSurge, we have designed an extensive Elipse Program for a period of 4 months which includes:
- Complementary assessment with our Elipse expert
- Elipse Balloon
- 2 X-Ray during the procedure
- 8 Follow up appointments with the dietitian for 4 months
- 8 Follow up appointments with the our Elipse expert
MONTH 1: HEALTHY LIFESTYLE COACHING
- Meet your team, begin nutritional and exercise coaching and learn how to maximize the impact of the Elipse Program
MONTH 2- 3: WEIGHT LOSS WITH THE ELIPSE BALLOON
- The Elipse Balloon is swallowed during a simple outpatient procedure that does not require surgery, endoscopy, or anesthesia.
- Diet and healthy lifestyle coaching continue.
- A wireless smart scale connects you to your doctor, allowing him/her to track your progress and offer real-time advice and support.
- After three to four months, the balloon empties and passes naturally without the need for any medical procedure.
MONTH 4: STABILISATION UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION
- The support of our team continues to help you consolidate your alimentary behavioral changes, which are key to sustain your weight-loss in the long term
*In rare cases, the Elipse Balloon may require endoscopic or surgical intervention for removal. In rare cases, the empty balloon may be vomited instead of passing through the GI tract.
**The Elipse Balloon must be used in conjunction with a supervised nutrition and behavior modification program. Allurion advises a 6-month follow-up program. Its duration is defined by the physician and may vary depending on the physician and patient profile.
***Results may vary from one patient to another. A small percentage of patients don’t respond to the treatment